Sunday, December 25, 2011

HP Compaq Presario CQ43-309AU Laptop Review

HP Compaq Presario CQ43-309AU Laptop Review



Specs:

CPU: AMD E-300 1.3Ghz Dual Core APU (Released Aug 2011)
Video: On-die
Ram: 2Gb DDR3 (1x 2Gb, 1 Spare slot)
HDD: Toshiba Model No: MK3276GSX 320Gb HDD 5400rpm
Battery: 6 cell
O/S: Windows 7 Home edition 64 Bit

Ports:  (NO HDMI Port!!)
1 x power
3 x usb
1 x SD card slot
1 x speaker
1 x Gigabit Lan Port
1 x VGA (For older projectors)


View the Unboxing Video here:



First time boot up video here
It is abit long but worth watching

(Coming Soon)




Shorter version of Video Review video here:



Keyboard


The keyboard has a good feel, it does not feel small or crammed. I can type easily here. One of the best keyboards. Improved over the older CQ62 series. No more funny keys on the left hand side.


Touchpad
The touch pad is a reasonable size, it does not feel small at all. It is generally very smooth. No friction between fingers and touch pad surface.  The buttons are big and nice to feel and press
The touchpad borders are well defined.

Speakers
The speakers are excellent. They are Altec Lansing. It is very loud axnd clear. I like it alot!

Screen
This is a 14 inch 1366 x 768 screen, the standard screen resolution for any bigger sized laptop on the market now. I am comfortable and happy with the size of the screen. It does not feel crammed or small at all.


Heat/Battery/Fan/Cooling
Nothing much to say here, fan is on when boot up. Not too noisy..


Speed
This is a 1.3Ghz AMD E300 Dual core APU, it's overall very snappy. It can easily beat the performance of rival CPUs. I am extremely happy with it.



Overall Construction
Overall it is a very solid construction, however it does feel abit like it's made from cheap plastics. However, it also very well designed with all the nice curves.


Windows Experience index: 3.4


Easy to upgrade ram and memory?
Yes! Difficulty level is 2, just remove some screws and cover, very standard.

Will I buy it?
Depending on what I use it for, this laptop is nicely sized at 14" which is hard to find these days, most are 15.6" size now.
It's missing HDMI port which is a disappointment for me as I would like to connect it to my TV and play HD stuffs.
However it does come with DVD writer.

IF I just need a cheap laptop, yes I will buy it, but if I need more features, I will give it a pass.

More pictures:












13 comments:

  1. Got CQ43-309AU bundled with HP Deskjet 1050 printer/scanner for $338 from Austpost catalogue in Jan 2012. Can buy printer for $39, so laptop cost just $299.
    Has HDMI port, webcam and all the software you need.
    Using optical mouse and mobile broadband.
    Cannot fault it.
    Absolute bargain at this price, forget the netbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. I recall this "promotion" seen in Australia Post's Catalog however I did not pursue it as I have the impression CQ43-309AU does not have HDMI port. There is no HDMI port for this model that I have. It uses AMD E300 APU.

    I am also aware that there is a "newer" Compaq CQ43 utilising AMD E450APU, perhaps that model has HDMI port.. not sure..

    Are you able to shed some light about this before I hit the shops to find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you need to look a bit harder for the hdmi port because IT DOES HAVE AN HDMI PORT!! i have just brougt one an looking at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you probably got a newer model.. look at the pictures i have posted. no hdmi port.

      Delete
  4. sd card slot doesn't recognize by laptop. I wanted to put songs and pics in my phone. I'm using a sandisk adapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have the same problem

      Delete
  5. can we change the vedio card of this laptop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. where i find driver bluetooth for this laptop??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First Turn on wireless connectivity [click F12 Button now its white light] select any one file and Right click send to Bluetooth

      Delete
  7. I HAVE THE EXACT LAPTOP 'HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ43'.....
    ..i hv two problems

    1-WHEN I PRESS DELETE KEY IT OPENS ''WINDOWS HELP AND SUPPORT''
    2-when i press RIGHT KEY AND LEFT KEY it open calculator....


    PLZ PLZ PLZ SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir, can I ask something? I have this version of compaq too, for about 6 months.
    And I just found out that my laptop's just got score 2.1 for my processor, is it normal?
    Thx b4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and very helpful information i have got from your post. Even your whole blog is full of interesting information which is the great sign of a great blogger.

    Acer - 14" TravelMate Notebook - 8 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive (TMP643-V-53328G50Mikk)

    Acer - 15.6" TravelMate Notebook - 8 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive (TMP653-V-53328G50Mikk)

    ReplyDelete

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.